Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Love My Job!

I'm currently in Germany for a Public Affairs Representative (PAR) Seminar. It's the first one our organization has conducted. The public affairs officer who planned the seminar really took the time to get if right the first time. I was extremely excited and I was able to reach out and touch each and everyone of the PARs one-on-one.

At the end of the seminar I knew why I was meant to be a spokesperson and work in the field of public affairs/public relations. Little things like this make all my aches and pains of Lupus and Fibromyaglia go away. Plus it doesn't hurt that I like to talk A LOT :)

The military has various career fields, I started off enlisted as a combat medic (91B), then I became an officer in the engineer field (21A), and when I became a major I changed over to public affairs (46A). I was able to attend the Defense Information School (DINFOS) for three months before being thrown to the wolves. My PARs across the world do not get this specialized training, therefore we must provide it for them. I would agree that everybody needs training and periodic re-training to make them the best for the job......

Down2earthlupie

1 comment:

  1. Hey there lady,
    So happy to hear you are doing well.
    You have amazing life experiences to share and appreciate your honesty and how you are feeling.
    You are an inspiraton to others and God will continue to bless you with strength and courage.
    God Bless you

    ReplyDelete